Hey Rahul,

To get the build working and change the namespace handling, I changed the
reference to the filename as a String and used digester.parse(filename).
Upon trying to run the application, I got error in browser stating that the
build directory did not include the scxml source file???  (dir where I ran
ant build).

I have engine xml doc in WEB-INF/classes/engine.xml  (in the classpath).
Perhaps its best I put it elsewhere and should I reference a URI with that
parse method?  (e.g. - http://localhost:8080/appname/engine.xml)?  Could you
add a method to SCXMLDigester for setNamespaceAware so I can still use its
#digest(java.net.URL) method?

In your tests, you have the SCXMLTestHelper class.  It digests the same way
I used to (URL) which worked fine.  I don't think you have any tests that
digest with setNamespaceAware(false) declared.  I propose adding that option
to SCXMLDigester.

    public static SCXML digest(final URL url, final ErrorHandler errHandler,
            final List customActions) {
        Assert.assertNotNull(url);
        // SAX ErrorHandler may be null
        SCXML scxml = null;
        try {
            scxml = SCXMLDigester.digest(url, errHandler, customActions);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            Log log = LogFactory.getLog(SCXMLTestHelper.class);
            log.error(e.getMessage(), e);
            Assert.fail(e.getMessage());
        }
        Assert.assertNotNull(scxml);
        return scxml;
    }

As soon as I get this working, I can test that context change and report.

I think what I will have to do, is what you do in one of your
SCXMLDigester#digest overloaded methods:

    public static SCXML digest(final URL scxmlURL,
            final ErrorHandler errHandler, final List customActions)
    throws IOException, SAXException, ModelException {

        SCXML scxml = null;
        Digester scxmlDigester = SCXMLDigester
                .newInstance(null, new URLResolver(scxmlURL),
customActions);
        scxmlDigester.setErrorHandler(errHandler);

        try {
            scxml = (SCXML) scxmlDigester.parse(scxmlURL.toString());

...  I'll try that and stick with my java.net.URL and add PathResolver.  I'd
rather add another overloaded method #digest(URL, ErrorHandler,
CustomActions, NamespaceAware) if at all possible??? :)

Cheers,

Mike