> Is having the real home page one click or 60-seconds away for one day
> really something that bugs the Apache userbase a lot?

No.  I think what you did was fine in that regard, and have already
commented on it.  We are apparently still dealing with mail-lag.  :-)

> I know that patents will be a huge issue for years to come.

I predict that it will be really ugly.  Fortunately, there are Open Source
friendly companies like IBM, so with their patronage, Open Source can
succeed.  Should they turn face, ugly will be an understatement.

        --- Noel