To be honest, I'd prefer to stick with Moin's format ;)

Textile or Markdown may be an option, but really, it's a small learning
curve to use Moin's syntax anyway -- and at least it's widely used,
familiar to many, works well in the wiki environment, and easy to write
simple text paragraphs in.

Moving to another syntax may seem like a great idea, if the syntax is
acclaimed as more understandable etc., but for most people, that simply
translates to learning YA syntax.

(PS: I came up with EtText a good while before Textile or Markdown, and
you'll note I'm not suggesting we use that.  *That's* how much I think we
shouldn't further fragment the syntax space ;)

- --j.