On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 00:07 +0200, Santiago Gala wrote:
> El vie, 06-05-2005 a las 10:03 -0400, Ted Husted escribió:
> > >
> > > Am I the only one that is worried because both JIRA and Bugzilla are
> > > dark matter WRT search engines?
> > >
> > > I mean, it used to be easy to find information about bugs in mail lists,
> > > but now, with so called bug-tracking systems, it is more and more
> > > difficult. I'd call them both bug-hiding systems.
> >
> > The SOP should be for the issue trackers to log all changes to [EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]
>
> What is SOP? dict.org is no help

Standard Operating Procedure. It puzzled me for a while too.

> > If that is happening, then it should be just as easy to find a
> > reference to an pending or resolved issue as it is to find any other
> > post to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> True. JIRA does the right thing provided the changes are sent into a
> public list. Bugzilla, IIRC, is usually configured so that only
> assignee, reporter and other people commenting get copies, and this is
> definitely bad. This is what gnome, mozilla and other bugzilla installs
> do.

Well, as far as I know Apache bugzilla installations always email
everything to an appropriate dev list. Bugreports for jakarta-commons
and jakarta-bcel certainly do.

So while it may well be a valid complaint for gnome/mozilla, as far as I
know it isn't an issue for Apache users.

Regards,

Simon