Don't know why I can't see my post a few minutes ago - is there a
delay in google groups?  Anyway, I'll repost it with some corrections.

>From what I saw the whole thing is due to Time.today being deprecated
as of rubygems 0.9.5.  Then they started removing it at 1.3.2 and at
1.3.4 it's completely gone.

To fix my copy I saved the ff as app_root/lib/timetoday.rb

def Time.today
  t = Time.now
  t - ((t.to_f + t.gmt_offset) % 86400)
end

That's the definition of Time.today in 1.3.1.  Then I put a "required
'lib/timetoday' in environment.rb

Btw, the only time I encountered this error while using the app is
when going to /statistics (Admin dashboard -> statistics)

Thanks!

Johann