Hi Matt,

On 1/25/07, Matt Gokey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But just because a rule of thumb holds for Chess doesn't mean it does
for Go.  Of course I could be wrong, but I was just trying to introduce
reasonable doubt, since Don always seems so sure of himself ;-)

If I may venture trying to rephrase your arguments, do you mean that
since difficulty grows exponentially there may be a qualitative leap
between chess and go?

Comparing chess and go is difficult, but I think this effect can be
seen between 9x9 and 19x19 go too: the two games are quite different,
because in 9x9 there is practically no strategic element and this
element brings a whole new dimension to the game.

Or did I misunderstand you?

best regards,
Vlad