I think there are 15 first moves in 9x9 go if you factor out the
symetries.
UCT isn't good at evauating all the moves, it will pick one of them and
spend most of it's time on it.    But you could search each 1 at a time.

The UCT programs are memory bound, so you could search each of these 15
moves 1 at a time and study the scores.

- Don