I agree.  The feel of sensei's and wikipedia are completely different.
Most of the content on sensei's is too informal for wikipedia, and I
think it would get deleted if it was put there, despite this content
being very worthwhile.  On the other hand,
wikipedia is the ideal place for a short authoritative introduction.