I'm a language caveman too then.   I really avoid C++ even though I
learned the basics long ago.   I really hate it.     It's not like I'm
an old dog that can't learn new tricks - I have experimented and
explored many computer languages and I am versatile in many.

It's one of those languages that to me feels wrong - like a big ugly
hack on top of something that isn't that pretty to start with.    I
tolerate C because it's the best at speed.  I don't have a good reason
to tolerate C++.

Don't want to start a language flame war though.   I love object
oriented but I always reach for something else when I'm compelled to go
that way.  Maybe it's caveman of me, but I don't associate object
oriented with super high performance programming.   Of course I realize
that c++ can be almost as fast as C if you know what you are doing and
avoid certain things - but it seems like an insane combination to me -
OOP is high level, C is low level.   C++ seems like a bad marriage.

I'm sure you can get used to anything.  If you get really familiar and
comfortable with C++ you probably can live with it and even believe it
to be a wonderful thing.   But that's no shocker - no matter how awful a
language is you will get many fanatics who seem to believe it's the most
wonderful thing ever invented!

- Don