Álvaro Begué wrote:

At least for Windows programmers, providing a solution that
compiles with major IDEs would help. I assume what you do is
"standard" in Linux, but the things the compiler did not understand
neither did I, and I could not find the time for "googleing".

With 1.08 version of lego and Turbo C++, there are too many errors related to namespaces, system libraries etc.

With *wx-Devcpp* <http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/> windows compilation is relatively straightforward. Create a new project file (main.cpp and gtp.cpp is enough for benchmarking), Replace get_seconds(), install boost library (a package is available at devpaks.org if you don't want to compile the library) and you are done.

---

float get_seconds () {
   return double(clock()) / double(CLOCKS_PER_SEC);
}

I know this is not a precise way of calculating time, but if it is good enough for fruit, it is good enough for me.