Another thing, do you include random moves for playouts, after some number of playouts or when there is "K" number empty points or using some other way.
Fix for previous. Another thing, do you include pass moves for playouts, after some number of moves or when there is "K" number empty points or using some other policy? sorry..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harri Salakoski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "computer-go" <computer-go@computer-go.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [computer-go] On average how many board updates/sec can top Goprograms do these days?

The *average* length of a 9x9 playout is roughly 100 moves.
The max length is much larger.
The *average* length of a 9x9 playout is roughly 100 moves.
The max length is much larger.
Hmm, sorry if this is old subject but does it effect much for playout quality if I cut playouts for example max 110 moves in 9*9 board?
Is that studied subject for almost random playouts.

Another thing, do you include random moves for playouts, after some number of playouts or when there is "K" number empty points or using some other way.

By the wat made java board for random playouts it is currently 300000 games /13sec 9*9 board having max 110 moves(double core 4000+), I have no lightest clue how to make it faster as optimized it as much i can, using two threads it is 7 seconds/300000 games. Have think that maybe somekind of state machine could be faster.

t. Harri

On a 2.2Ghz Athlon64, I get about 10 000 playouts/second, at an
average of 100 moves per game this is 1 million updates/second.

There are many programs that are much faster. On the same hardware
libego would be about 6 million updates/second.

19 x 19 is a bit slower, because strings are bigger on average.

This also explains that when I read the games MoGo against GNUGo, toward
the
end of the game, GNUGo would play PASS, but MoGo would continue to play at
some very uncommon positions that a normal player would never consider.

Pass behaviour has little to do with the playouts themselves.

--
GCP