Quoting Heikki Levanto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

But you still prune moves like filling a one-point eye. We know that there is
a pthological case where that indeed is a correct move. So Valkyria will
never converge to perfect play even with unlimited CPU power.

Yes, this is a known bug. :)

But, I will not fix it until I fixed some more urgent stuff (there is a very long list with higher priority). Also I feel that in the case of "having a really strong program attempting perfect play" with this bug as the only defect, the opponent has be extremely strong (or extremely lucky) to exploit it. It might even not be possible to exploit aginst perfect play, because there may always be simpler ways to kill the group than making en eye and then fill it, alternatively let it live small and win on points.

MoGo is a good example of this. I think Valkyria has an edge against MoGo in many L&D situations, but often MoGo just put "territorial pressure" on the groups leading to positions where the opponent either defends and loses on points or take a gamble, tenuki and die without tactical complications.

Magnus