Olivier Teytaud: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> Although I'm parallelizing in not SMP systems but a cluster of loosely
>> coupled (small) computers connected through moderate speed networks
>> using broadcasting positions, this may not change the vlaue of
>> avoiding redundancies.  I'll study more when implementing
>> pre-knowledge or some.  Thanks.
>

>Do you have the winning rate of your best parallel algorithm against the
>sequential version in 9x9 Go
>in such a setting without shared memory ? We stay below 80% for this form of
>parallelization (but this
>speed-up can be cumulated with SMP speed-up), whenever we use fast networks
>(infiniband).

Not yet.  I have many benchmarks now but only against GNU Go level _0_
on 9x9 and 13x13.  The best WR on 9x9 is 72% using four quad-core PCs
on a GbE private LAN with 0.16 second per move (less than 10 seconds
per game) but the speed-up (strength-speedup by G. Chaslot) against 1
PC is just 1.6.  This may be improved in longer time settings but I'm
not sure.
# I can use only 4 x 4 cores in hand now so that it's very hard to
have benchmarks on 19x19.

>In 19x19, it's much better, but the MPI parallelization of  9x9 Go is
>challenging.

Strongly agree.  Even in 13x13, it's much better.

Best,
Hideki