Don Dailey wrote:
> I think a better way to do this is to self-play a few hundred games with
> various komi values.

Do you mean HUMAN self-play or COMPUTER self-/auto-play?

When you mean human self-play, I am not sure that
this is a safer way for such small boards.

> The correct komi will be clear from those games.
> This worked on 7x7

Are such 7x7-games documented somewhere, for
instance in the internet?

> so I assume it would work on 6x6.   Of course this
> cannot be considered a "proof."

Right.
What I did is a computer-aided (incomplete) analysis:
running repeated Monte-Carlo searches where the komis
for both sides differ by 1.

Ingo.