Denis,

A CGOS equivalent for Hex would probably be good to have. But since the CGOS server software is open-source you can easily adapt it.
GTP you can simply use as-is, I don't see why that wouldn't work.
GoGui is also open-source and can possibly also be easily adapted to Hex as well. But to be honest, I don't really need a Gui that much. But twogtp is really useful. A KGS equivalent will only come into existence if there are actually enough people playing the game.

You say you're going to try to make a prototype first and then when it shows promise, move to a more flexible language like Java. What language are you intending to use? It seems the wrong way around to me. Develop the prototype in a flexible language and when it seems to work, move it to a specific langauge that can leverage some specific CPU features. Seems to make much more sense to me.

If you want to save even more time, you can consider using my CGOS client and plugin framework. Most of it can probably be used as is.

Good luck.

        Mark