> Yes, known problem :-( I'm still trying to find a method to see if a
> point is in an eye. Should not be too difficult in theory but in
> practice i have not found a method yet.

Are you talking about 1 point eyes?     For this I think most programs use
the same definition, which is quite good and safe.   As far as I know there
is no perfect rule but this is close to perfect.

The definition of an eye we use is this:

An empty point whose direct neighbors are all of the same color AND whose
diagonal neighbors contain no more than 1 stone of the opposite color.

This definition must be modified slightly if the point in question is on the
edge of the board - in which case there must be NO diagonal enemy stones.

To know if a point is inside a bigger eye - that's much more speculative I
think.

- Don