On Sep 21, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Peter Drake <dr...@lclark.edu> wrote:

housebot tried to declare all of the white stones at the top dead, and Orego disagreed. A cleanup phase was entered, and I believe housebot crashed during the cleanup phase.

By the rules of the game end protocol, support for final_status_list dead is optional. kgsGtp incorrectly translates that to asserting all stones are alive, although I guess the net effect is the same.

HouseBot crashed when the game was resumed because of some kind of quirk in how time data is tracked. I still have to investigate that. My solution, to avoid having Nick force results throughout the tournament was to restart my bot after it crashed.

With luck, I won't crash in the next tournament :)

I don't know why that left the game alive with no clock ticking...

I'm surprised by this as well.

Peter Drake
http://www.lclark.edu/~drake/