Nick Wedd wrote:

So, once this server build gets installed, which should be before this
Sunday's tournament, here is what ought to happen after both players
pass.
  If they agree on all the dead stones, the game is scored accordingly.
  If they disagree on any dead stones, the game is resumed.
  If one of them makes a claim about dead stones and the other doesn't,
the server believes the claim and scores accordingly.
  If neither of them makes a claim about dead stones, the server treats
all stones on the board as alive, and scores accordingly.

We'll see how it goes on Sunday.  I think this must be an improvement.

Sounds great. It should mean less odd results, but still nudging all bot developers to implement the KGS endgame protocol.

Urban

PS: Thanks for running these tournaments. Especially the last one was great fun. I'm not here for the next tournament, but after that I might be run a bot or two if needed.