I have an interesting problem with my program.

1. I have self-atari detection, but self-atari is allowed for smaller groups like the two stone group because it can make a nakade. 2. Self-atari detection means that in most playouts the program will let the black player suicide, but it won't let the white player suicide because the group is too large. 3. Therefore, it has white winning playing D9 or D7 because the playouts have black suicide 4. It has to squeeze right now because the seki loses the game, while the squeeze wins it. 5. But it misses this because squeezing leads to a few accidental losses in playouts where black plays something that white doesn't respond to

I have thought about this and there's a few solutions:

1. Allow the program to pass late in playouts. In the current implementation this leads to accidental pass-pass playouts when the game is not finished and the program is poor at evaluating boards with dead stones on them.

1a. Implement a special passing type that doesn't end the game, but only allows you take back ko or just let your opponent finish their game when you still have legal moves left you don't want to take

1b. Make the program good at deciding dead stones somehow and not worry about pass-pass in playouts as long as it's late enough (what's late enough? 75% of the board filled?)

2. Have custom seki logic that will just prevent you from playing a nakade shape against a group that already has an eye

I noticed that every program does this correctly that I've seen except for the old Mogo for Windows binary. I'd like to know how they do this.