On 12.03.2016 22:03, Thomas Wolf wrote:
We currently have no measure at all to judge how safe a winor loss is at
any stage of the game.

We have my theory according to my books for assessing the territorial and the dynamic aspects (development directions, neutral stones, statuses (incl. those of potential invasion groups), options, aji, invasions, reductions, (local) potential, influence, thickness, fights) of every position. The theory does not provide a single number (such as a one-dimensional probability) but judgement need not be one-dimensional and can depend on reading to assess particular aspects, such as a status.

The only valid strength indicator would be to gradually increase handicap
stones or komi for the previous loser in a series of games.

Altering komi is much better than altering handicap because komi can be adjusted in finer steps and does not artificially restrict strategy a lot.

--
robert jasiek