"do they have positive or negative correlation?"  intriguing question,
Petri.  Intuitively, we might arbitrarily divide the human population
into two groups; one which is discouraged by failure, and the other
which takes the Lady MacBeth attitude of "screw your courage to the
sticking point, and we'll not fail !"  Again, intuitively, we might
expect the two groups to be roughly equal in size, whereupon it
follows that a series of results involving randomly chosen players
would not be markedly different from statistical independence.

these intuitions are corroborated by one experimental study i came
across with Google Scholar's help:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1198/016214501753168217