Hi all,

2013/10/10 Lars Schäfers <sl...@upb.de>

> 3) two-safe-group
> It is a term used by Aja Huang to describe a class of Go positions he
> created, that contain two safe but not yet completely settled groups.
> The positions were created with the aim to be difficult to understand
> for current MC programs. Aja Huang and Martin Müller recently published
> a very nice paper about this test suite and experimental results with a
> number of strong Go programs. You can find their paper "Investigating
> the Limits of Monte Carlo Tree Search Methods in Computer Go" here:
> http://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/~mmueller/publications.html

If you are interested, the final version of our paper "Investigating the
Limits of Monte Carlo Tree
Search Methods in Computer Go" is available for download at

https://sites.google.com/site/ajahuangshomepage/home

The other paper on the site is "MoHex 2.0: a pattern-based MCTS Hex player"
where we have described the various MCTS enhancements (large patterns in
priors, probabilistic simulation, etc) that boosted the MCTS Hex program
MoHex for 250-300 Elo, around 80%-85% winning rate against the original
version. The latest source of MoHex (hopefully including our C++
implementation of MM) will be publicly available in the near future.

Best regards,
Aja