On Apr 19, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Terry Kilburg wrote:

I live on a farm in Iowa, we have 8 bald eagles fly and perch in trees in our pasture every year! The Mississippi river just in Iowa sees over 100 every year!!!

But, back in the day there would have been thousands. They are making a comeback thanks to the outlawing of DDT. When a species that is not yet extinct stops being poisoned, they can revive.

  Steve