Would that it be so easy.

This one pulled the contacts straight off the PCB and all that is left is spots where the contacts were soldered.

I have salvaged all the contacts, so will attempt to solder them back on (after having soldered the wires to them) and connect it, get the data off of it, and then put it away (I hate to throw things, my wife hates it.)

Put all the data on a new card, plus burn a CD of the data.

Charge as much as I can get away with ethically and remind them once again, back up, back up, back up.

Stewart

At 07:16 PM 5/4/2007, you wrote:
>http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/267

Looking at Figure 3, I would think that the PCB could just be shoved into
a USB socket.

Look at the photo of the iStick at
http://the-gadgeteer.com/review/intelligent_stick_usb_drive_review

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall