I'm slowly making progress. I think I created my own problem when the
prompt for "removing the floppy" came, I took it literally and didn't
remove the installation CD. I did partition the drive but made the "C"
drive only 10 GB. Can I get away with installing only the operating
system on C, and put everything else on "D" (which is 30GB), or should
I just start over?

One other thing, I've yet to be asked to register the system and I've
even loaded the Windows Validation Tool. Will this come up later or
did it somehow remember the authentication?

Thanks for all the input, it's been helpful.

Richard P.