Bill LaGrue wrote:
> I'm having the exact same issue. At first I was a bit concerned that I
> had bricked the remote, but it does update from Windows. The remote is
> most definately not a replacement.
> I also had the same problem under 0.12, so I held off until 0.13 but
> the problem is the same. Remote is a Harmony 520, compiled under Fedora
> 8, kernel 2.6.23, libusb 0.1.12-10. If there's anything you would like
> me to do/try, let me know..

Well, that's interesting. The 520 and the 525 are pretty much the same
remote (the 525 is the international version of the 520, as I understand it).

I'm willing to bet that on that remote there's some extra bit of data we
need to send to the website. Can you grab a tcpdump of the data between your
Windows box and the website during a successful ConnectivityTest and Update,
please? If you don't have a unix box sitting on the same network, there's
tcpdump for windows.

  tcpdump -s 0 -o <file> host members.harmonyremote.com

should do the trick. gzip/bzip2/zip that file and email it off to me (not to
the list, please, it'll be large) - or send a link to it.

Note that your password for the website will end up being included in there,
so you may want to temporarily change it to something benign before you
capture the traffic.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Never write it in C if you can do it in 'awk';
 Never do it in 'awk' if 'sed' can handle it;
 Never use 'sed' when 'tr' can do the job;
 Never invoke 'tr' when 'cat' is sufficient;
 Avoid using 'cat' whenever possible" -- Taylor's Laws of Programming