That's an interesting idea. However, as you say, I think the difference in
delays will be marginal. In my opinion, the source of delays is some
processing overhead involved in generating the proper IR codes on the
Harmony remote or the fact that the codes are not exactly what they should
be - they work but they do not work as well as with the original remote. Or
both.

I am hoping that _IF_ the extender is able to send key presses it receives
from remote to computer through USB in its own native format, it will be
much faster, because there will be no translation to IR codes involved. But
that's the big _IF_ I am not sure about at all and that's why I'm asking
here.

Anyway, I might be mistaken. Please, let me know whether the direct
connection to serial port made any difference.

Thanks, M.