On 01/23/2010 10:27 AM, Stephen LeFave wrote:
> I have been having a tough time installing concordance. I have tried to
> configure (this goes pretty smoothly) both libconcord and concordance
> but keep getting error msg's throughout the who make install process. I
> have created a file with all the error msg's and have attached them to
> this email in the hopes that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
> Any help would be appreciated. System info:

You must install libconcord *before* you build concordance, and below the
concordance build system can't find libconcord.

This can be because of two reasons:

1. You never installed libconcrd
2. You didn't specify a prefix to libconcord so it installed in /usr/local,
while by default autoconf looks in /usr. You can EITHER:
   a. remove libconcord ('make uninstall') and reinstall using:
      ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && sudo make install

      If you take this approach you probably want the same flag
      to concordance's configure.
   OR
   b. Specify appropriate flags to the concordance build like so:
      CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" \
      LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib" \
      ./configure

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss