On 04/28/2010 05:36 AM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> I hacked libconcord enough to get a configuration update working all the
> way through the website.

Fantastic!

> Often when I plug in the remote, it doesn't show up properly; just a
> simple "sudo lsusb -v" will list the remote as having 0 configurations,
> rather than the expected 1 configuration with a read and write endpoint.
> This appears to be a kernel issue, since this is with plain lsusb and
> before I run concordance/... It usually works the very first time, but
> then never again until I reboot (or perhaps power cycle the remote or
> perhaps both).
>
> I'm going to try to see if this is tied to particular kernel versions
> and/or try enabling some USB debug spew... My 880 still works fine though.

If you enable usbmon and send a trace of the connection to
linux-...@vger.kernel.org, it's likely it has some standard quirk we can add
to the quirk's list (I maintain the one for usb-storage, which isn't
applicable here, but there's also a generic USB one).

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss