On 07/16/2010 02:30 AM, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> On 07/16/2010 02:17 AM, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>> So thanks to many people, a lot of progress has been made on this.
>>
>> Look for specs for the communication protocol of these to be committed to
>> CVS in the coming days.
>>
>> It's worth nothing the 89x series is not the same as the rest. These (and
>> possibly others), are actually a funky hybrid, afaict. While the later
>> models use TCP-over-USB and a different format for the actual payloads, it
>> seems the 89x uses HID (like older remotes), except with this new payload
>> format. The bright side is it shouldn't be too much trouble to start getting
>> at least basic support for these hybrid models. As for the later ones, I
>> believe we can do them if I can get my hands on one for less than the
>> exorbitant prices I've seen them for (I bought the bullet and purchased an
>
> Err. That should say, I *bit* the bullet and...
>
> OK, that's a good sign it's time to get some sleep.

From my 895...

[p...@rider torrs]$ sudo concordance -iv
Concordance 0.21+CVS
Copyright 2007 Kevin Timmerman and Phil Dibowitz
This software is distributed under the GPLv3.

Requesting Identity:        done
WARNING: Invalid config found
  Model: Logitech Harmony 895 (Cappuccino)
  Skin: 23
  Firmware Version: 4.9
  Firmware Type: 0
  Hardware Version: 4.1
  External Flash: 2 MiB - 01:49 AMD Am29LV160BB
  Architecture: 10
  Protocol: 0
  Manufacturer: Harmony Remote 0-4.9.1
  Product: Harmony Remote 0-4.9.1
  IRL, ORL, FRL: 64, 64, 0
  USB VID: 046D
  USB PID: C112
  USB Ver: 0A17
  Serial Number: {C32EF700-EEEE-EEEE-EEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEE}
        {EE89C0F5-C549-4C46-A558-0894D108A860}
        {AC8F25A3-515D-9941-97BE-0636D7472F00}
  Config Flash Used: 99% (0 of 1 KiB)

Success!

[p...@rider torrs]$ sudo concordance -i
Concordance 0.21+CVS
Copyright 2007 Kevin Timmerman and Phil Dibowitz
This software is distributed under the GPLv3.

Requesting Identity:        done
WARNING: Invalid config found
  Model: Logitech Harmony 895 (Cappuccino)
  Firmware Version: 4.9
  Hardware Version: 4.1
  Config Flash Used: 99% (0 of 1 KiB)

Success!

Truth be told, most of this code was already there from Kevin's original
remote_z.cpp. I just debugged it and tweaked it based on now understanding
the protocol.

Much more work is still to be done.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss