On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 07:51:59PM +0100, Ernst Cozijnsen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Iḿ working my way in the 1100 but since i dont want to do double work i
> would like to know how far you guys got.
> I managed to get my hands on all the arm binaries for QNX 6.5 which are
> backwards compatible to 6.3.
>
> My idea is/was to modify the Region_31.EzHex .pre/.post scripts to copy a
> ftp binary to /usr/bin inside the 1100 and ftp the contents of /etc to a
> local ftp server. This way i would be able to get some insight of the
> config.
> Maybe even discramble the /etc/passwd.
>
> Hope you guys can tell me how far you got.

Further than that.

I have a full dump of the filesystem, both the volatile and non-volatile.

Better yet, I've got the protocol mostly reverse-engineered. In fact it's even
documented now in the specs/ subdirectory in CVS.

At this point I just need to have a remote I can start trying to implement
various things against.

I've got the 895 working now which is a weird hybrid between the 880 and the
1000. The underlying protocol is fairly close to the 1000 but the transport is
the old HID transport. Unfortunately a massive restructure of the libraries
and API was necessary which is why this hasn't been merged to head yet. I'm
still working on that re-arch. See this year's archives - I moved across the
world in September, so work pretty much stopped then, but I hope to get back
to it in January.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss