On 09/22/2010 01:30 AM, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> Ah, right, I missed this.
> For the record you can still provide status bars - one per stage, the way
> concordance does. But its no problem to add this.

This has been added. Check the zwave branch.

It's a really dead-simple API - I call the callback with a
LC_CB_STAGE_NUM_STAGES (0xFF) and in that case, the second argument is
number of stages.

I thought of a few other ways, but they were either complicated or required
keeping things in sync manually, and neither appealed to me.

>> I don't know if this was intentional or not: The write_config_to_remote
>> and write_firmware_to_remote functions used to take in/size parameters
>> that specified the data to write. Hence, those functions were useful for
>> both executing a website operations file, *and* for writing
>> config/firmware previously backed up using read_config_from_remote or
>> read_firmware_from_remote. That said, the old forms of these APIs also
>> weren't suitable for operations on multiple regions.
>
> This was not intentional. I have to think about this.

Er, actually - this works fine. The OperationFile stuff can handle the files
we write out for backups... I just tried.

>> I don't see any way for "static class OperationFile *of" to be freed at
>> a specific time (say an app wants to both update firmware and update
>> configuration in one pass), and nor does deinit_concord free it.
>
> Good call, this needs to be added.

Done.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss