On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Scott Talbert wrote:

>> Just tried it out and indeed get a nice 64 KB binary file. To bad this
>> can't be used for flashing without the XML. For my use case I
>> currently just want to get the data from an already configured remote
>> and use it to flash others. Does the XML have to match the binary
>> config, or is it just metadata/image/etc ? If it would work I could
>> just get a zip from the website, replace the binary part and flash it
>> that way.
>
> The XML data appears to be some sort of checksum, so I am thinking it
> would probably not work without the matching data.  But you could always
> try it.  :)

Well, I think I figured out how they are doing the checksum, so I can
calculate it myself.  I think I have all the data needed to write the XML
file.  Now, I have to figure out how to write out a zip file containing
the binary and XML.  At first glance, it appears that the zip library we
are using (libzzip) can only read zip files, not write them, so this may
be a bit more challenging.