On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Scott Talbert <s...@techie.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Bart Cerneels wrote:
>
>> I see the LC_ERROR_UNSUPP in CRemoteMH::ReadFlash() but I guess
>> implementing this is a little much to jump into? While I'm familiar
>> with HID at a high level, I have not worked directly with it in
>> userspace and the harmony remote's protocol is completely unknown to
>> me.
>> But in any case you can rely on me for testing and code review if you need
>> me.
>
> You're welcome to take a stab at it if you like.  :-)  Unfortunately,
> reading a config from the remote isn't something that the official
> software does (to my knowledge) so we can't rely on an official example to
> show us how to do it.  So, basically we would have to guess how it works
> and try it.  What I was thinking was something similar to what we're doing
> in GetIdentity() where we read the identity, but with the /cfg/usercfg
> "file" instead.

Did a quick hack to test, certainly not as easy as it sounds. Is the
300's config max 1KiB? USB HID response package is 64 bytes right?
But it's actually the internal API that is the trickiest bit,
certainly without the documentation.
In CRemoteMH::ReadFlash(uint32_t addr, const uint32_t len, uint8_t *rd,
        unsigned int protocol, bool verify, lc_callback cb,
        void *cb_arg, uint32_t cb_stage)

*rd is the out argument for the binary config and looks like len is
the result from the previous GetIndentity() call (that is where I got
the 1KiB from). For now I've got a glibc malloc error (not segfault)
in binaryoutfile::open.

What incantation turns on the debug_print_packet statements?

>> Do you have your code in a git repo somewhere? CVS is a little to
>> ancient to work comfortable.
>
> Unfortunately, no.  I was thinking about doing that, though, because
> maintaining my own CVS "branches" is becoming a nightmare.  Hopefully we
> can convince Phil (the official maintainer) to move to git soon, but he
> has been quiet for a while.

Nothing should stop you from uploading your local repo to some public
hosting. I recommend github: it's just as propietary as sourceforge,
but at least it has some momentum and a working business method behind
it. It's very easy to clone and do pull requests there.