On 04/19/2013 06:04 AM, Scott Talbert wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2013, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
>
>> On 04/17/2013 08:55 PM, Scott Talbert wrote:
>>> Well, it looks like you can get the "express" version of Visual Studio for
>>> free.
>>
>> Yeah, but I don't own a Windows box. :)
>
> Well, what I really meant is "one" can get the express version, which I had
> just done.
>
> I think I've fixed most of the things it is complaining about - the MS
> compiler is kind of a pain.  It seems to only report one error at a time - you
> fix that, then you get the next error, sigh.  And it's really weird the things
> it complains about (why is a function that doesn't return anything an
> *error*?!?).
>
> Anyway, one of the things left to deal with is libzzip.  Do we:
> a) Embed a copy of libzzip (and zlib, which libzzip requires)
> b) Require users to download libzzip and zlib (and put them somewhere)

I would go with B... we generally leave requirements up to the user.

Though now that you are all windows-ified, I'm happy to take some binaries
from you and upload them to the SF site as well.

--
Phil Dibowitz                             p...@ipom.com
Open Source software and tech docs        Insanity Palace of Metallica

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
 and those who matter don't mind."
 - Dr. Seuss