1a. Re: THEORY: How to be beautiful?
    From: C. Brickner
1b. Re: THEORY: How to be beautiful?
    From: David McCann

2a. Re: Observations on verbal periphrastic constructions
    From: Wm Annis

1a. Re: THEORY: How to be beautiful?
    Posted by: "C. Brickner" tepeyach...@embarqmail.com
    Date: Tue May 28, 2013 7:16 am ((PDT))

Certainly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder or, in this case, the ear of
the hearer.  Perhaps French and Italian are considered beautiful because of the
prominence of vowels.

I find the following (of the languages with which I am familiar) beautiful,
some in special circumstances:
1. European Portuguese.
2. Modern Greek.
3. German sung by a boys' choir.
4. Japanese spoken by a woman.
5. Swahili.
6. Turkish (front rounded vowels).
7. Hawaiian, Maori, Samoan, etc.  Talk about a prominence of vowels!

Charlie