1a. Re: Audio language game
    From: Douglas Koller
    From: Herman Miller
    From: Leonardo Castro
    From: Sam Stutter

    From: Ph. D.
    From: Nathan Klassen
    From: MorphemeAddict

    From: David Peterson

    From: Ian Spolarich
    From: Ben Felix

    Posted by: "Douglas Koller" douglaskol...@hotmail.com
    Date: Sat Sep 7, 2013 6:48 am ((PDT))

> Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:11:14 -0400
> From: p...@phillipdriscoll.com
> Subject: Audio language game
> To: conl...@listserv.brown.edu

> Has anyone here tried this game?

> http://greatlanguagegame.com/

Fun stuff! Though, it seemed like if Norwegian was an option, it was always
Norwegian. :)

Kou

1b. Re: Audio language game
    Posted by: "Herman Miller" hmil...@prismnet.com
    Date: Sat Sep 7, 2013 10:29 am ((PDT))

On 9/7/2013 9:48 AM, Douglas Koller wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:11:14 -0400
>> From: p...@phillipdriscoll.com
>> Subject: Audio language game
>> To: conl...@listserv.brown.edu
>
>> Has anyone here tried this game?
>
>> http://greatlanguagegame.com/
>
> Fun stuff! Though, it seemed like if Norwegian was an option, it was always
> Norwegian. :)
>
> Kou

I keep guessing wrong on Samoan. Next time I don't recognize a language,
I'll guess Samoan.

1c. Re: Audio language game
    Posted by: "Leonardo Castro" leolucas1...@gmail.com
    Date: Sat Sep 7, 2013 6:00 pm ((PDT))

First try, score 450.

Até mais!

Leonardo

2013/9/7 Herman Miller <hmil...@prismnet.com>:
> On 9/7/2013 9:48 AM, Douglas Koller wrote:
>>

>>> Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 20:11:14 -0400
>>> From: p...@phillipdriscoll.com
>>> Subject: Audio language game
>>> To: conl...@listserv.brown.edu
>>

>>> Has anyone here tried this game?
>>

>>> http://greatlanguagegame.com/
>>

>> Fun stuff! Though, it seemed like if Norwegian was an option, it was
>> always Norwegian. :)
>>
>> Kou
>

> I keep guessing wrong on Samoan. Next time I don't recognize a language,
> I'll guess Samoan.

1d. Re: Audio language game
    Posted by: "Sam Stutter" samjj...@gmail.com
    Date: Sun Sep 8, 2013 1:14 am ((PDT))

850 in one attempt - but, then again "guessing what language someone speaks"
has always been by unique (and utterly useless) superpower. I'd prefer my
superpower to be flying, but hey.

Sam Stutter
samjj...@gmail.com
"No e na'l cu barri"

On 8 Sep 2013, at 01:59, Leonardo Castro <leolucas1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> First try, score 450.
>
> Até mais!
>
> Leonardo

>>> Fun stuff! Though, it seemed like if Norwegian was an option, it was
>>> always Norwegian. :)
>>>
>>> Kou
>>

>> I keep guessing wrong on Samoan. Next time I don't recognize a language,
>> I'll guess Samoan.

2a. Fwd: RE: Audio language game
    Posted by: "Ph. D." p...@phillipdriscoll.com
Fun stuff! Though, it seemed like if Norwegian was an option, it was
always Norwegian. :)

Kou

2b. Re: Fwd: RE: Audio language game
    Posted by: "Nathan Klassen" anomal...@gmail.com
    Date: Sat Sep 7, 2013 7:23 am ((PDT))

It's funny when they play you the same clip twice in a row.

2c. Re: Fwd: RE: Audio language game
    Posted by: "MorphemeAddict" lytl...@gmail.com
    Date: Sat Sep 7, 2013 9:59 am ((PDT))

I heard one clip three times in a row.
I played it for a couple of hours one day recently. My high score was
around 900.

stevo

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Nathan Klassen <anomal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's funny when they play you the same clip twice in a row.

3. Recent Jobs Board Posting
    Posted by: "David Peterson" deda...@gmail.com
    Date: Sat Sep 7, 2013 9:44 am ((PDT))

Hi everyone,

The email address I wrote down on the Jobs Board posting was incorrect. If you
applied before today, pease go back and check the post for the correct email
address and resend your query.

My apologies!

David

Sent from my iPhone

4a. Re: USAGE: New english conjunction?
    Posted by: "Ian Spolarich" mouton9...@gmail.com
    Date: Sat Sep 7, 2013 12:11 pm ((PDT))

While I am familiar with the usages of "slash" in speech as a conjunction,
I'm not familiar with the examples where it is used at the start of a
sentence. And I also have never seen it completely written out. I would be
much more likely to write "going to the party / see you soon" instead of
"going to the party slash see you soon".

I also was not aware of its usage as a conjunction--what a pleasant
surprise!

4b. Re: USAGE: New english conjunction?
    Posted by: "Ben Felix" buddy...@googlemail.com
    Date: Sun Sep 8, 2013 1:27 am ((PDT))

Doing my assignments slash reading this stuff. It is so interesting! I love
it! Slash, I find myself wanting to use the word 'slash' more often!