1a. Re: verb-less language, maybe
    From: James Kane
1b. Re: verb-less language, maybe
    From: neo gu

2a. Re: Working on my first conlang.
    From: Austin Blanton
2b. Re: Working on my first conlang.
    From: Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews
2c. Re: Working on my first conlang.
    From: Austin Blanton

3. Xiis, my first writing system
    From: George Marques de Jesus

1a. Re: verb-less language, maybe
    Posted by: "James Kane" kane...@gmail.com
    Date: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:53 am ((PDT))

This is really cool, I like that it's quite simple but still works. It feels
almost like there's a zero copula in each sentence 'John (is a) reader
of-books', but if it's always zero then I suppose it doesn't exist.

The something.remembered and something.predicted seems a little bit stilted;
you might need more examples that they aren't just nouns. Can all nouns
function as verbs?

James

    Posted by: "neo gu" qiihos...@gmail.com
    Date: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:13 pm ((PDT))

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 07:53:04 +1300, James Kane <kane...@gmail.com> wrote:

>This is really cool, I like that it's quite simple but still works. It feels
>almost like there's a zero copula in each sentence 'John (is a) reader
>of-books', but if it's always zero then I suppose it doesn't exist.

I thought I would need a copula for things like tense, but I haven't. Except
for a few conjunctions, everything is done with formal nouns.

>The something.remembered and something.predicted seems a little bit stilted;
>you might need more examples that they aren't just nouns. Can all nouns
>function as verbs?

Well, I might use remember-PI instead (PI = inanimate patient), since that's
how it's formed, or just Pst. It's just the English glossing that's really
stilted, in order to show that they're not formally verbs.

Any noun can be a complement, as in Rover cat. I realized I might sometimes
need to specify time with this type of complement, so it turns out that there
are action nominals for non-verb roots as well.

Rover-Gen catting-DefS remember-PI. "Rover was a cat." (maybe Rouber-ko
keeten-do mex-0)

    Posted by: "Austin Blanton" marblebo...@yahoo.com
    Date: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 pm ((PDT))

They actually don't. They can communicate in a sense with their feral cousins,
and are adept at both bipedal and quadrupedal locomotion.

    Posted by: "Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews" goldyemo...@gmail.com
    Date: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:51 pm ((PDT))

So they're part cat?

    Date: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:16 am ((PDT))

Well, yes. They are anthropomorphic cats. As in, they can walk upright, talk,
and have hand-like paws, but retain much of their feline anatomy.

Sent from my iPhone

    Posted by: "George Marques de Jesus" georgemje...@gmail.com
    Date: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:13 pm ((PDT))

After a long time of frustration trying to create the font for it, I
finally completed Xiis, a writing system for my conlang Fóm (which is still
a draft). I have to tell that I'm not completely satisfied with it, but at
least it's possible to actually write something using the computer keyboard.

I made a PDF with description and it can be found here:
http://georgemarques.com.br/xiis.pdf

George Marques
http://georgemarques.com.br