From: Sanford Levinson
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10/1/2003 12:13:47 PM
Subject: Re: The Iraqi constitutional convention

I'm delighted to include federalism, but the question raised by federalism is its limits, i.e., is the possibility of secession addressed.  I take the liberty of including a link to a Findlaw essay discussing this question in the context of Iraq.

“SECESSION AND THE FUTURE OF IRAQ:  Should the Kurds, and Others, Be Able to Withdraw to Create Their Own Nations?  April 17, 2003 http://writ.news.findlaw.com/commentary/20030417_levinson.html

sandy