Here is the final explanation of a long exchange with Emmanuel for my
problem...
Finally I did find why Continuum blocked during CVS project checkout.
It was because of compress option -z3 used by default for all cvs commands
in new version (1.0-beta-3) of SCM CVS API.
example : cvs -f -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/logiciels/COUPLAGECVS -q
checkout -d 40 CouplageProject

Maven Website (http://maven.apache.org/scm/cvs.html) explains how to disable
the compress option but there is two mistakes on this page and it doesn't
work that easily...
For more info, look at the 2 JIRA SCM-190 and SCM-191 I created.

If you want - like me - to disable the compress option (-z3) in continuum
1.0.3, you have to :
- add the line "
wrapper.java.additional.6=-Dmaven.scm.cvs.use_compression=false" in
continuum-1.0.3/bin/solaris/wrapper.conf
- add cvs-settings.xml with <compressionLevel>0</compressionLevel> in *${
user.dir}/.scm/* (*continuum-1.0.3/bin/solaris/.scm/*) and not in *${
user.home}/.scm/*

Tibo