I'm doing a first pass cooker update after installing 9.2RC1 from iso images.
The screen log trace says that libk3b1-0.9-9mdk conflicts with an earlier version
(libk3-0.9.9mdk?) and the package installation fails.

/var/log/urpmi.log does not contain the failure information. rpm query now shows
no libk3 at all.  I assume that it was removed as a part of the process, or that
the rpm db entry was removed, or something else, leaving me confused.

So my questions are:
  1. was libk3 really removed, or what?
  2. is that k3 vs k3b (or was it k3b vs k3b1?) a version evolution naming
     convention, and if so, which one should I be installing?

tony