On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:58:20 +0000 Kevin Cowtan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tim Fenn wrote:
> > Why does coot require a 3000 line hand written shell script to set
> > up the build process?
>
> Well, if you look at the script (which I guess you have), then I
> think you already have the answer... which suggests to me that I have
> misunderstood the question. Maybe the question you are actually
> asking is not the one which is obtained by a simple surface reading
> of your message. Could you clarify perhaps?

It was rhetorical - why not just use autoconf to do all the dirty work?

Also, is the idea to migrate all of the scripting away from guile and
towards python, or update the guile dependencies (as it seems goosh is
part of the os process module now, guile-gtk is deprecated in favor of
guile-gnome, guile net-http and guile-gui look unsupported...)?  I'd
like to begin preparing a rpm for fedora (now that most of the
dependencies are part of the distributions), but their peer review
process might screen out unsupported deps...

Regards,
Tim

        Tim Fenn
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]