Looking at the surface you may have to switch on the GL lights to get a
better picture. If you have a pythonic version you can use the following
to switch on/off the lights:

GL_light_on()

GL_light_off()

in guile/scheme:

on:
(set-do-lighting 1)
(do-GL-lighting-state)

off:
(set-do-lighting 0)
(do-GL-lighting-state)

We may want to put these into the extensions function to show the surface...

Currently no idea about the fat bonds from the ball-n-sticks. I shall
have a look.

Merry Xmas,

Bernhard

Dr. Bernhard Lohkamp
Assistant Professor
Div. Molecular Structural Biology
Dept. of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics (MBB)
Karolinska Institutet
S-17177 Stockholm
Sweden

phone: (+46) 08-52487673