On 12/1/13 10:29 AM, Nick Williams wrote:
I filed these bugs back in June. I noticed today that they were migrated to the
JIRA instance:

I filed the bugs, though they say someone else did. It's frustrating that
suddenly I can't even comment on bugs I created, but that's beside the point of
this email...

I'm dismayed to see that 8016743 has been scheduled for being fixed in JAVA 9! What the
heck!? If I can't use the new Java 8 Date & Time types in Java's localization support,
then what good are they!? I have to just stick with java.util.Date for yet another two
years because I can't localize Java 8 Date & Time types in my i18n message formats.
That's not the quality that I normally expect out of the Java team. >:-[

java.time has its own formatting/parsing mechanism/support via java.time.format package, in which it does have l10n/i18n support for print/parsing the new java.time date/time types for various locales. Any particular reason you must use j.text.MessageFormat to print/parse the java.time date/time types?

-Sherman

8016742 is a slightly different story. It's higher priority than 8016743, and although
there is absolutely no update about it, it appears that MAYBE it's scheduled for being
fixed in Java 8? I have no idea what "tbd_major" means. Note that a fix for
8016743 could potentially help fix 8016742.

Is there anyone here that can shed some light on 8016742's status and why the
heck 8016743 isn't getting fixed until Java 9?

If not, can someone point me to a more appropriate list that I can escalate my
frustrations on? These awesome new date & time types are useless if they aren't
supported in Java's i18n/L10n and JAXB components.