Hi,

I am pretty naive to hadoop. I ran a modification of wordcount  on almost a
TB data on single server, but found that it takes too much time. Actually i
found that at a time only one core is utilized even though my server is of 8
cores.  I read that hadoop speeds up computation in DFS mode.But how to make
full utilization of a single server with multicore processors?  Is there in
pseudo dfs mode in hadoop? What are the changes required in config files
.Please let me know in detail. Is there anything to do with  hadoop-site.xml
and mapred-default.xml?

Thanks in advance.
--
- Deepak Diwakar,