From: Deepak Diwakar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 1:29 AM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: parallel mapping on single server

Hi,

I am pretty naive to hadoop. I ran a modification of wordcount  on
almost a
TB data on single server, but found that it takes too much time.
Actually i
found that at a time only one core is utilized even though my server is
of 8
cores.  I read that hadoop speeds up computation in DFS mode.But how to
make
full utilization of a single server with multicore processors?  Is there
in
pseudo dfs mode in hadoop? What are the changes required in config files
.Please let me know in detail. Is there anything to do with
hadoop-site.xml
and mapred-default.xml?

Thanks in advance.
--