Well that's what I need to do also... but Hadoop complains to me when I
attempt to do that. Are you using Eclipse by any chance to develop? The
error I'm getting seems to be stemming from the fact that Hadoop thinks I am
uploading a new jar for EVERY execution of JobClient.runJob() so it fails
indicating the job jar file doesn't exist. Did you have to turn something
on/off to get it to ignore that or are you using a different IDE? Thanks!

Cheers,
Sean

Mori Bellamy wrote:

> hey sean,
>
> i later learned that the method i originally posted (configuring
> different JobConfs and then running them, blocking style, with
> JobClient.runJob(conf)) was sufficient for my needs. the reason it was
> failing before was somehow my fault and the bugs somehow got fixed x_X.
>
> Lukas gave me a helpful reply pointing me to TestJobControl.java (in
> the hadoop source directory). it seems like this would be helpful if
> your job dependencies are complex. but for me, i just need to do one
> job after another (and every job only depends on the one right before
> it), so the code i originally posted works fine.
> On Jul 14, 2008, at 1:38 PM, Sean Arietta wrote:
>

>> Could you please provide some small code snippets elaborating on how
>> you
>> implemented that? I have a similar need as the author of this thread
>> and I
>> would appreciate any help. Thanks!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>>

>> Joman Chu-2 wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, I use Toolrunner.run() for multiple MapReduce jobs. It seems to
>>> work
>>> well. I've run sequences involving hundreds of MapReduce jobs in a