On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 05:37:05AM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> I suspect one of the other probe functions is killing communication with
> the chip. If that's not the case, maybe we don't leave ID mode correctly.
>
> Can you try repeated
> flashrom -c A49LF040A
> (I forgot the exact chipname specification) after a cold boot?

Yeah, that works:

littleredbox:/usr/src/flashrom3# ./flashrom -c A49LF040A
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "AMD CS5536", enabling flash write... OK.
Found chip "Amic Technology A49LF040A" (512 KB) at physical address
0xfff80000.
===
This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
Please email a report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if any of the above operations
work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the full output
from the program, including chipset found. Thank you for your help!
===
No operations were specified.
[...]
littleredbox:/usr/src/flashrom3# ./flashrom -c A49LF040A -r test.rom
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "AMD CS5536", enabling flash write... OK.
Found chip "Amic Technology A49LF040A" (512 KB) at physical address
0xfff80000.
===
This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
Please email a report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if any of the above operations
work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the full output
from the program, including chipset found. Thank you for your help!
===
Reading Flash...done
littleredbox:/usr/src/flashrom3# ./flashrom -c A49LF040A -r test2.rom
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "AMD CS5536", enabling flash write... OK.
Found chip "Amic Technology A49LF040A" (512 KB) at physical address
0xfff80000.
===
This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
Please email a report to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if any of the above operations
work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the full output
from the program, including chipset found. Thank you for your help!
===
Reading Flash...done
littleredbox:/usr/src/flashrom3# ./flashrom -c A49LF040A -r test2.rom -V
Calibrating delay loop... 108M loops per second. OK.
No coreboot table found.
Found chipset "AMD CS5536", enabling flash write... OK.
Probing for Amic Technology A49LF040A, 512 KB: probe_jedec: id1 0x37, id2
0x9d
[...]
Verifying flash... VERIFIED.

Thanks,
Ward.