I'm wondering if you guys can help me. I've been googling for the last
week, and have tried a couple of forums, but haven't had much luck.

I'm thinking about using Courier for our mail server. One of the issues
I'm having is that we need to ensure that absolutely no emails are
deleted from the mailserver and that we retain a copy of all sent and
received emails as, due to the nature of the company I work for, we need
them for legal purposes.

We need to ensure this is done server-side, as users can't be relied
upon to perform back-ups of their email.

I understand that IMAP marks emails to be deleted with a flag, and then
an expunge command is executed to clean up later on. Is it possible to
configure Courier to ignore the expunge command, or to trigger an event
to back the flagged emails up before deletion?

Any advice you can give me would be great.