Jay

Thanks for that. It looks like it might be the perfect solution.

Phill

Jay Lee wrote:
Phill wrote:
Thanks Jay. Yes, I'll hopefully be using the full Courier package for ease of maintenance.

You wouldn't happen to know of any documentation for this feature I can browse?

Best documentation on the feature is directly in the /etc/courier/courierd file:

##NAME: ARCHIVEDIR:0
#
#  This is the big-brother option that saves a copy of EACH and EVERY
#  message passing through the system.  Uncomment ARCHIVEDIR, and after
#  a message is delivered, its queue and data file is moved to ARCHIVEDIR
#  instead of being deleted.  You must create the ARCHIVEDIR directory
#  yourself, and it must be owned by the "daemon" userid.
#
#  Also, ARCHIVEDIR *MUST* be on the same partition/volume as Courier's
#  mail queue directory.
#
# All messages will be saved into a flat directory, with one subdirectory
#  created each calendar day.  Therefore, you will need to make sure that
#  your filesystem can handle it.  Each message consists of two files,
# the control file, and the message data file. The Linux ext2 filesystem,
#  for example, will start to have problems once there are more than
#  32,000 files in the same directory, so if your system carries a higher
# daily volume, you'll need to purge out the archive subdirectory several
#  times a day.
#
#  If you fill up an archive directory, mail will continue to move, but
#  not archived.  Caveat emptor.
#
#ARCHIVEDIR="/var/backup/allmail"

--

*Phillip B Oldham*
The Activity People

*Policies*

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s) only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error, please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. No action should be taken regarding content, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium, and we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. We must advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are completely virus free, and that you understand and observe the lack of security when e-mailing us.

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Oldham
n:Oldham;Phillip
org:The Activity People;Systems Development
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Chief Programmer
tel;work:0870 162 4847
x-mozilla-html:TRUE